Monday, October 02, 2006

Warning: Working at Verity could be hazardous to your waistline!

When I walked in to work this morning I was greeted by the smell of fresh baked cookies. Our mortgage director Wendy took it upon herself (she may have had help from her staff) to make enough cookies, brownies and other goodies to feed most of Northgate. Why did she do this? Just to say thank you.

I've helped myself to a small sampling of the smorgasbord: one lemon square, a brownie with what appears to be cream cheese filling, and a chocolate-chocolate chip cookie. I may go back for the peanut butter brownie or a regular chocolate chip cookie. We'll see how I'm feeling after lunch.

Dang, I should've worn elastic-waisted pants today!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky. The most I can ever hope for is that Trey might boil us up some Ramen.

Mon Oct 02, 01:13:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fresh-baked cookies in the workplace....sounds refreshing, indeed!

Thu Oct 05, 11:49:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home