Wednesday, December 07, 2005

What's your dream?

Do you ever dream of winning the lottery, meeting that special someone or perhaps taking a much talked about fantasy vacation? I beg your indulgence as I tell you a bit about mine.

For more years than I care to admit I have dreamed of being a writer. My first attempt at a manuscript actually made it past the outline stage and progressed to being three whole chapters before time, energy and creative juices ran out. Granted, this was before the advent of personal computers and word processors so the paper copy was shoved away in a box to languish for a decade or two. It was not until I had taken a sabbatical from the corporate world that I had some time to take stock in my life and realized the desire to write still burned deep within me. In a space of six months, not to mention countless hours of typing, my 110,000 word manuscript was born.

Now comes the hard part, trying to find an agent willing enough to believe in me to represent an unknown writer in the fantasy/science fiction genre. Is my “baby” good enough to be published? I have to trust in the opinion of the many good people that graciously read the manuscript before it was ever finished with some even having hounded me daily to read my very rough output.

Don’t get me wrong, I love what I do but being a published author is my dream. So you might ask, what has this to do with Verity? More than you might think. We will be launching our Business Services in the first quarter of 2006. When it does, I will be there to hopefully make the dreams of business owners a reality. We will offer loans, lines, depository accounts, merchant services and even payroll services. Can you say exciting times at Verity? Well I can and oh, I will let you know if my dream ever comes true.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milt - great first blog!

Thu Dec 08, 10:09:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your dream come true. Happy holidays.

Mon Dec 12, 09:50:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone should have a dream and I hope yours comes true. It is a wonderful dream.

I am also glad to see that Verity is helping others with their dreams.

Fri Dec 16, 11:07:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your dream and stay positive.

Thu Dec 29, 08:57:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home