Friday, August 18, 2006

EFy Award Winner - August

Have you ever walked into a financial institution and been greated by a long line. What makes it worse is it seems like no one cares. Well I'm not saying that there is never any lines at our branches but at Verity I can say that we honestly care. We strive to give a high level of service to everyone. I know this sounds sappy but it is true. If you ever have meet with Ken, our Investment Services Program Manager, you know that he goes out of his way to make himself available to our members. No matter how hetic his day is you can always count on him greeting you with a smile and that he will provide you with exceptional service. This is why he is this month's winner of the EFy Award. Read the nomination below (writen by our VP of Marketing) to learn more about why he was choosen as this month's winner.

Yesterday, I was sitting at my desk, in my weekly meeting with Paul and Ken came briskly into my office. He looked at both of us and said, "is there any way either of you could go down to the branch and help members? The line is long and the members and staff are getting frustrated." He had already worked his way around HQ to see if he could find any other employees who could go downstairs and help out.

I hate to admit it, but I sometimes get complacent about member service. I see the long lines and think "we’re short staffed, people are on breaks, what can you do?" Well, Ken asked himself the same question and then said, ‘I can go try to find someone to help out.’ And he did. He found Paul and Paul went down and started tellering.

Ken has been here almost two years and I have never seen him be complacent about anything in terms of serving our members. He worked incredibly long hours during IRA season when we were down one rep and NEVER complained (in fact, he was quite pleasant through the whole ordeal). He always has his best foot forward when dealing with staff and members. His presentation (the way he dresses, conducts business, and interacts with others) raises the bar of professionalism here at the credit union on a daily basis.

I cannot stress strongly enough how much I think Ken deserves this award right now. The work that he does with our members often goes unnoticed because Investment Services is it’s own department. But Ken is so hard working and deserving of recognition that I hope that the team understand the extra hours, travel and work he has had to do since Blake’s departure and give him some props.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home